The One Minute Critic : reviews by students for students
Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh reviewed by John Joe Abiad
- Title: Burning Midnight
- Author: Will McIntosh
- Genre or Setting: future, fiction
- 3 words that describe your book: exciting, intriguing don’t-want-to-put-down.
- Who is your favourite character & why? David Sullivan because he is the owner of the gold sphere.
- Convince us to read the book (just a couple of sentences about the book but don’t give away the ending!)
There are these things called spheres. Nobody knows where or how they came here. The only thing humans know about them is that they give you superpowers for life.
This book is…
5 ***** Best book ever! One of my all-time favourites.
4 **** An excellent book. Not perfect but highly recommend.
3 *** Good! Worth a read.
2 ** Meh it was OK. Some readers may still enjoy.
1 * It was difficult finishing this one. Not for me.
Mrs Corbin has also read Burning Midnight and recommends this book as well. “…it was fast paced with a twist at the end that reminded me of a Dr Who episode!”
- Add your thoughts in the comments below
- Ask the library to reserve this book for you
- Submit your own One Minute Critic review to be published on our blog