Like the idea of winning a Kindle? Then enter one of our major events to celebrate NYR:
Film It! Video Competition: closing date extended until Friday 17th August.
Students are invited to submit a short video that promotes reading or about a favourite book they have read.
Conditions of entry:
- The competition is open to all students enrolled at Whitefriars College.
- Minimum length 30 seconds and maximum length 3 minutes.
- The video must be original, unpublished and created by one person.
- Any images, music etc. that you use in the video must be your own or Creative Commons.
- The video must be of a standard that can be viewed by the general public.
- The winning video will be the one that best promotes reading or a book & will be judged on both its creative & technical merit.
- Entries must be completed and submitted by 4pm Friday 17th August 2012. Submit your entries on a DVD/CD or USB.
- The Peoples Choice Award will be judged by the student & staff body and voting closes Friday 31st August 2012.
- Shortlist announced on Friday 17th August 2012.
- Winners announced Monday 10th September 2012.
For a list of links to find Creative Commons images and music go to this Wiki. There is also other useful general information listed on this Wiki about making book trailers which could be applied when making your short reading video. The Book Trailer Assesment Rubric will give you ideas that will make the difference between an OK video and a winning video.
Check out thise videos for some inspiration: